Founded in 1996, Ironwood is 100% employee-owned with $6.4 billion under management as of 3/1/2023 and a sole focus on constructing multi-manager hedge fund portfolios with repeatable returns.
A Core Holding
Ironwood serves as a core alternative investment solution.
Through strategic diversification and reduced dependency on the equity and credit markets, our funds aim to serve as a core holding within an alternative investment allocation in an investor's portfolio.
- Ironwood's objective is three-fold:
- Deliver a real rate of return
- Manage month-over-month volatility and target a low annualized standard deviation
- Maintain a low beta to equities and fixed income
- Our portfolio invests across a core group of complementary and non-correlated hedge fund strategies and managers
- Top 10 managers represent about 60% to 80% of total allocations
- Our sector allocations are driven by an opportunities-first approach
- We continually re-allocate capital to managers in the best position to execute, from well-established to earlier-stage to specialized managers
- Our solution is a complement to traditional equities and credit, as well as other alternative investment strategies
Who We Work With
Our relationships are built on integrity.
We work with strategic partners to drive growth and move our shared goals forward.
High net worth individuals